Thursday, January 21, 2010

Lift off!

Hello everyone!
Things have been progressing here quite nicely this past week! Adam is making a few changes to his Etsy site, and has been really hard at work coming up with quite a few new pieces to add to it. They are INCREDIBLE! (if i do say so myself). Whenever you get a chance, check it out. The pieces he is working on right now are still under construction and haven't been added yet. Once all are completed, he will be adding them in. He has made some great changes to his site. He's changed the order of some items, and groupings as well. It looks great! I am so proud if him! Way to go!

There was also another site I ran across that is wedding related (ummmm........can't help myself), and has some beautiful lace items on there. Others are ribbons and fabric that can be sold by the yard. I know there are a lot of scrap bookers among the Gurevitz's, and thought I'd throw the link in here if you are interested. I was thinking the lace or ribbon could be used for anything. Cards, photo albums, place mats, edging on pillows. Anyway, she (Erica Cavanagh) has some beautiful pieces on there, so check it out when you get a chance. Here is the link: www.serendipitdiy.etsy.com......................
This talented lady is also our florist. The site I gave you to view is to her second site. I am telling you, it seems like there isn't anything she can't do!

Next month: Let them eat cake! That's right! We're off to schedule taste testings for the wedding cake. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. So, for all of you, this must be done! :-) We will let you know the progress on that as well! Bite by tasty bite! Yummmmm.

This coming week and into next, we are getting some vendors taken care of, and are in the process of finding a place for the rehearsal dinner. There is a place Barb found, and we are going there next week to try it. Can't wait!

Tonight we are having dinner with our friends Jimmy and Jodi, and their little one, Violet. I can not believe she will be a year old in March! Neither can they, for that matter. We are going to a place called Mellow Mushroom off of Polaris Parkway. I am really excited! My quest to find a good pizza place here is well under way! (rubino's will always have a place in my heart......it is what i grew up on!) And then after dinner, we are going stuffed animal shopping! My nephew is going to be one on February 23rd. Where does the time go? I remember when he was born. What a crazy year.

Oh, attention foodies! I was watching The Food Network and saw Mimi's Cafe referenced on there. (mimi's is right across the street from polaris mall) They were featuring Mimi's five-cheese grilled cheese sandwich. It looked delicious! I caught just a small bit of the segment, but it sounded delicious! They butter both sides, dipping it in parmesan cheese and then they grill it open-faced. They add 4 other cheeses to it, and then close the sandwich when they plate it. It looks like a bite of pure cheesy heaven! I have been to Mimi's before, and was really impressed with the creativity of the menu. I can vouch that their chocolate mousse is pretty good.

Well everyone, time to make more coffee and see Adam when he comes home for lunch.
Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment