Friday, September 25, 2009

Do you believe in fate?

Well, here we are.........
I moved back home to Ohio (brrr) after 10 years of living down south. Man, I miss the weather down there! However, my family and best friends from high school all live here, and I missed them a little more. The south isn't going anywhere, so there'll always be a warm spot to go.

The pic on the top right is of me, a neurotic little beagle, and one of the above mentioned best friends from high school.....and junior high. (Now I call him fiance'). We've known each other for 20 years. We had kept in touch throughout my brief stop in South Carolina, and my longer siesta in Texas. One day I packed up and left my no-snow winters, my beautiful condo, and some really wonderful people I met along the way. I had no idea my travels would only last a decade, but I am fortunate they did.

This "stop" back in Ohio afforded me quality family time, enabled me to be here for the birth of my nephew, and the birth of one of my other best friend's daughters. I saw one of my other best friends and his wife, and finally got a chance to meet their 4 beautiful children. It has been a filling experience jam-packed into less than a year's worth of time. I regret none of it, and hope the ride continues on the same forward path.

No comments:

Post a Comment