Saturday, September 26, 2009

Must. Have. Sleep.

No matter how tired I am during the day, my never ending rendezvous with 2:00 am is here again. My wedded friends keep telling me that sleep deprivation only gets worse after you have kids. Seriously? It gets worse?
Every night I sit loyally at the computer, trusty mug of caffeine rich coffee by my side, researching DIY centerpieces and cost effective finds for the wedding. Every night while doing this, I tell myself to go to bed a little earlier than the night before. And every night, I end up creeping into bed that much later.
I don't know how brides-to-be get any sleep at all. In between taking care of the house, laundry, fiance time, work, etc., etc., there doesn't seem to be enough time during the day. Sleep is something I have a long-standing love affair with, yet never get a chance to see anymore. I am sure that in the end, the countless sleepless nights and battle-scar dark circles under my eyes will be but a small price to pay for the end result. At least that is what I keep telling myself.
Any suggestions, hints, or available time machines for rent will be welcomed with open arms.

To all of our family and friends, we are so very excited at the prospect of seeing all of you in June. The self-inflicted torture I put myself through nightly should only be viewed as a labor of love in preparation for the good time we want you all to experience. We want you to know this won't only be our day, but a day for you as well. We are looking forward to celebrating a new beginning in our lives with you.

Stay tuned for more updates, raves, and hair pulling moments as they present themselves each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment