Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And away we go!

Hello everyone! Long time, no talk!
I apologize for lack of posts, but it truly has been craaaazzzzzy here lately! Let me get you up to speed.
Last we stated, we had just brought our cake vendor on board (hoorah!!). Well, sad to say, we actually had to go back....a second time.....and they made us do another taste test. It was rough, but, we did this for you everyone! As per our dedication to our beloved guests, we will keep going back as many times as needed to ensure confection perfection! (emphatic smack of fist on table!)

Adam went tux shopping with one of the groomsmen, and they picked out their wedding attire. Can't wait to see it!

Mom's side of the family threw a bridal shower for me in March, and it went off like clock-work! (that was the theme! all invitees were given a specific hour of the day, and they had to purchase gifts based on their "times". super-cute and super-fun idea! mom's uber-creative friends terry, nancy, and janet came up with that one!)
Just this past weekend, Adam's side of the family threw a shower for me too! It was at the party house at his grandpa's condo, and it was beautiful! Barb, Taby, and Jill stopped at nothing to make this a great shower! Taby even had a "quiz" guests had to take to see how well they knew me. What a great idea! (it's the teacher in her, dontchya know?) AND!!!!! dun-dun-dunnnnn! They even had shoes as the centerpieces. SHOES! As the centerpieces! Shoes and chocolate.....shoes and chocolate......shoes and chocolate............aahhhhhh.

On a super-sweet note of thanks to his mom (and dad!) and sister, we now have his Bar Mitzvah cup in our possession, a beautiful photo album of Adam from birth to present, and the most fantastic cross-stitch of our wedding invitation. How can you beat that? Thank you so much! Those are the things we will cherish forever.

In between these festive and totally thoughtful events, I had a brief stint in the local ER. Turns out, I had a bit of a collapsed lung. Have no fear! I came out just peachy! No lifting heavy objects........ummmm....no problem! No running marathons...........ummmm.......yeah, no way! The only side effects I am working through are just shortness of breath, and the difficulty of working 4-hour work days (aw, man!). Other than that, full steam ahead!

For more good news, we are in the process of moving! (as if working full time and planning a wedding wasn't enough! sheesh!) We (ok, adam) will begin loading the boxes tomorrow or Wednesday (hey, i helped pack!), and hopefully we'll be in and unpacked by the end of the week. Snap! We inadvertently met (and already knew) quite a few of the neighbors in the new 'hood, and are really excited about going into a more residential area. We can take the beagle for walks on the street, we can walk to The Top to meet dad for dinner, we can walk to The Skillet for Adam to have breakfast....Johnson's isn't too far away..........life is good. What can I say?

Last week mom and I went to Easton to hit Victoria's Secret (and had a blast! came out with some super cute goodies!), and while on our way back to the car I saw an advertisement at Aveda for a $15 hair cut. Huh? We walked inside, and I stood with my mouth agape, and then spewed out, "A $15 haircut? Seriously?". One of the ladies behind the counter replies, "Yeah. It's $15 that will be donated to the Sierra Club instead of to Aveda."
My reply, " A $15 haircut? Seriously?"
The very nice ladies confirm yes, it is $15, and to sit right down in the chair. Snip-snip, cut-cut, scissor-scissor, and voila! My $15 donation to the Sierra Club. BUT, the lady that did the cut is a stylist at a salon in Gahanna who comes in and does these types of things on a regular basis. What? A good samaritan? AND she cuts hair? Turns out, not only does she cut hair (check!), but she also is familiar with the JCC (double check!), AND she also goes on location to do hair and make-up for weddings!!! (triple check!) Welcome aboard Aveda lady with the skillful scissor-hands! My bridal party and I look forward to a fun afternoon with you on Sunday, June 13th!

Speaking of hair cuts, did everyone see the pictures of a very pouty-faced Sammy Goldston getting his first one? Holy Guacamole! That little one is the most precious thing in the world. No worries Sammy! You'll do better at the next one munchkin!

Well my lovely gvitz blog enthusiasts, thanks for following it thus far, and actually making comments to me about missing it when I was lax about adding new material. I appreciate it very much! (thanks taby! you're my #1 fan!)
Hopefully my next post won't be so far away, and will have pics of our new digs! With most of the lovely presents I received at both showers, I'll have plenty of ammo for entertaining! Beautiful plates, glasses, serveware, cupcake recipes........... Step aside Martha! There's a new sheriff in town! (wellllll, maybe not sheriff........junior sheriff?.....deputy?........honorary beat cop?)

Once again, with my coffee on the table beside me, and very sleepy eyes trying to proofread this, I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. You all have helped make our upcoming wedding such a special day! I really can't believe that it is almost here!

Talk to you soon everyone! Get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment